Two More…Really?

Can you believe it? We have 2 new residents at farm. They were dumped at our place which is so madding and really very sad. I just do not understand having a lovely animal and dumping it on a country road with the possibility of getting hit by a truck. What are people thinking? I know that so many have been dumped that it is hard to find homes for them. Still… it just breaks your heart to see so little value given to such darling animals.

This new mom and her baby are the sweetest animals ever. They are a bit shy, but so gentle and sweet and loving all the attention. The best part is they are both girls! We have not named them yet. Just trying to let them know they are safe and have food to eat and giving them time to get to know our other donkey’s. When they get all settled we will take them to the vet to get all their shots then guess we will be set.

Please leave┬ácute┬ánames we might name these two girls on the comment section. We will let you all know when they have proper names! Aren’t they precious??

New Residents

Comments

1. So cute! Glad they found their way to your place – where they’ll have a wonderful home!

2. dumped!?!? wow people are horrible. i keep hoping that someone will tie a almost-ready-for-slaughter steer to my gate….but we mostly get cats. *sigh*

um.. i’m getting a Tulip and Winnie vibe from those little ladies.
    :-D

• weekendcowgirl says:

Yes, lots of dogs or cats here too, but I usually try to take them to the shelter to be adopted. Thanks for the name suggestions!!!!!

3. So sweet! Terrible they got dumped but lucky to find a home with you.

4. Dumped? People dump donkeys?! That’s absolutely awful. I thought dropping dogs off was bad. It’s too bad you live so far away or I’d volunteer to become a foster mom.

5. Thelma and Louise?

6. Victoria says:

Laverne and Shirley?
    Kate and Pippa?

7. How about Addie (for the original horned frog mascot) and Patt (for Gary P)?

8. lucy and ethel

9. Frick and Frack. Tweedledum and Tweedledee. Hey and Yaw.
    Hey, I like the classics.

10. Colleen T says:

Our jenny and her little jack were Candy and Licorice (he was totally black) so of course these two remind me of them!!

Looks to me like Chocolate Dipped and since momma looks the colors of the old-fashioned hard candy called Rock Candy, you have your names! :) Chocolate Dipped and Rock Candy. Lots of fun childhood memories after looking at these two photos!

• weekendcowgirl says:

Oh, now I remember you had donkey’s so you know what nice little animals they are… I remember you telling me about them!

11. It breaks my heart to think someone would ever dump these two precious donkeys. They are beautiful! Thank goodness for decent big-hearted souls like you who are willing to adopt them. You are a bright shining star!

• weekendcowgirl says:

Thanks! You cannot find homes for them & they are so pretty. We will make room for them. The minute I saw them I pretty much fell in love!

12. Awe, they are so cute!

13. The are just precious! And so lucky to have found a loving home!

I’m sure that right now they’re thinking “there’s no place like home”. So maybe Dorothy and Ruby (slippers) would be cute names after The Wizard of Oz.

14. Jersey Lady says:

Thank you for taking these sweet girls in! How about Dawn and Key, which sounds like Donkey when said aloud.

15. Buttercup and Bluebonnet.

16. Oh my… who does that??? It’s nice of you to give them a loving home. Although I’m clueless in the name department.

17. How about Lost and Found for names? And we get the usual assortment of dumped dogs and cats but never donkeys. Why would someone dump donkeys??? They’re the guard dogs of the farm!!!

• weekendcowgirl says:

We have had drought for about three years so people cannot feed fhem. Many large animals have been dumped. It’s very sad…

18. Those sweet girls are lucky to have found you, despite the sad circumstances of their arrival. And I gotta go with a mother-daughter name combo like Goldie and Kate or Naomi and Wynona. :)

19. they remind me of Laverne and Shirley!!