We have had too much cold weather and nothing sounds better than soup on a cold day. This weekend the weather warmed up and it was beautiful and sunny. I still was hungry for soup!
Chicken soup is very easy in the slow cooker. This recipe is just like every chicken soup out there. Not from any recipe and probably a mix of several. Use shortcuts to make this recipe easy!
- 1 quart of chicken broth ( I use Swanson’s)
- 1 can of Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 to 3/4 bag of frozen chopped onions – If you use fresh onions then yellow are best.
- 1 small bag of baby carrots
- celery seed to taste – Cowboy does not like celery so I use a big pinch of this instead.
- parsley to taste
- dill weed to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. garlic – I used fresh minced garlic out of a jar. You can use dried minced/powder if that is what you have.
- salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts or equal amount of tenders
- 1/2 package of large egg noodles
- 1/2 to 1 cup water or more if needed when adding noodles
Mix all ingredients in slow cooker except for the egg noodles and water. Turn cooker on low for 4-5 hours. After soup is finished you can add noodles and water if you have room in cooker and cook another 15 to 30 minutes until noodles are tender or you can boil noodles on stove and then add to soup. I figure if I am going to use the slow cooker then I want everything to cook in the one pot! After adding noodles if soup is too thick for you then just add more water and simmer 5 minutes. Cowboy is not much of a soup person and he LOVES this soup. As you can see by the photo I add lots of chicken and noodles which is why Cowboy likes it. Hope you enjoy!