Cooked this for Cowboy this weekend as we needed some “feel good” food for the cold front that moved in.
I found the main recipe on Pinterest (Reasons to Skip the Housework Blog). I did make a few changes to the recipe.
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
- 16 oz of spaghetti, cooked
- 1 lb. Velveeta
- 2 cups cooked chicken ( I bought chicken already cooked marketed as Fajita Chicken at grocery)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can diced petite tomatoes
- Small can of sliced mushrooms
- Small can of sliced black olives (recipe asked for green chilies, but I opted for black olives instead; I mean, you can’t have chicken spaghetti without black olives!)
- 1 small onion, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup water
Mix all of the above except spaghetti into slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Take Spaghetti and break in half and cook all for half of the time stated on package. Remove and drain and put in slow cooker last 30 minutes.
This was a perfect easy cold weather dish . Cowboy raved and even asked for leftovers the next day! Not the healthiest chicken spaghetti I have ever had, but so very good for the “soul”!